Friday, October 7, 2011

My Homage to Gardening... Collage art

I just turned 52. Its a tough pill to swallow, but I have two choices. Celebrate, or crumble.  I decided to celebrate.   I have so many blessings. Nothing is perfect and There are a lot of things I wish I could change... the things I can change... I will. But more than anything my 52nd birthday is a huge milestone for me.  I know from this point on that every day is a gift, a diamond... and a celebration.  My happiness is dependent on my attitude.  One of the things I love is doing my art work. So on my birthday I decided to make something and I wanted it to reflect something I love. I found a paper mache dress form.  Layers and layers and layers I have my HOMAGE to GARDENING.  Now I want to make a HOMAGE to sewing, and one for chickens and farm life, one for photography, and so on and so on... you get the idea.   
This was fun making... and very relaxing and inspiring.  

On my birthday I got to meet PHIL VASSAR and he sang " my next 30 years" ... and when I listened to those lyrics... I realize... this may be all there is for me now... I need to make the best of them. I need to not worry about the small stuff and be happy. 

     My homage to gardening.

Side View and Front - Dream
Back view.... BLOOM. I love the butterfly and the leaf vine ribbon accent.
Front view... The skirt is made from pages of the shakespear classic
Midsummers Night Dream.   This was a fun project. Looking foward to my next one.

1 comment:

I’ve falling in love with Patchouli oil.

Hello!  After the holiday’s my face likes to break out in blemishes. It’s mostly because of all the junk food I consume. The good thing is t...