Monday, April 10, 2017

What happens when you decide to experiment with a diet?

Well, at my age..... Pushing 60' I'm finding it harder and harder to loose weight. So I decided to experiment and see if I'm even able to loose weight at all.... So I decided I'd eat clean for one entire month. Meaning, no sugar ,no processed foods, no dairy and lots of water. Oh, no carbs either!  Basically for one month I have been eating salads and fruits and our home farm raised meats and our chicken eggs. I have lost 12 lbs, have gotten my energy back k and feel so much better!  Today, I decided to treat myself to a chocolate bar as a reward for a month of sacrifice.  Well guess what. I immediately got a huge headache, the shakes, and even though it tasted good to me... I realized that  I did not like the way it made me feel.  I actually did not like the feeling of the sugar going thru my body.... Looks like the good habits I've created as a experiment will now be my lifestyle!   I hope to loose more weight before my cruise to the Caribbean next summer and by this November's Hawaiian vacation.   Eating clean is for me after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter is fast approaching... so I have been sooooo busy here.

Harvesing the garden and not to mention all the herbs. Tinctures to make, soaps to set to cure...  I do love my life here on this little plo...