Monday, July 14, 2014

The peacefullness in the early morning. .. working the land.

I'mI find myself doing garden work late afternoons. With the huge new moon we have been having... this morning  the moonlite  was so brite a 4:45 that it woke me from a deep sleep. Im normally a gal that is slow to wake...but when I woke up this morning. ...I looked outside and the stillness was magical. My chickens were still asleep! I couldn't resist but to step outside. ...then magic happened. My Garden called to me and we became one. Not a noise....no cars..no trucks...no noise at all. I started working on my 1/4 acre garden... pulling weeds and tying up  my  growing but young grape vines.... harvesting beets and lettuce. Before I knew it 3 hours passed and I realised how much I loved hearing the earth wake up.  It started with the chickens and rosters.... then I could hear engines start up in the distance of people getting on their way..... cows mooing and horses neighing... oh yes the neighbors goats reminding me that they love to eat the weeds I pull. Then my  husbad bringing me a cup of coffee with a smile.  He joined in on the task at hand of helping with our huge vegetable garden.... and before I knew it the morning vanished...and it was noon. As I stood at the outdoor sink washing my harvested beets..... I felt happy content...sweaty and ready for a shower. Thankful for my little hobby farm and the ability to work our land and the moon that woke me in the wee hours of the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve falling in love with Patchouli oil.

Hello!  After the holiday’s my face likes to break out in blemishes. It’s mostly because of all the junk food I consume. The good thing is t...