Friday, August 18, 2017

Herbals and my passion for them,

I have always gardened. I mean as long as I can remember even as a little girl... I've always had plants that I have nurtured.  Watching them grow and bloom or produce food has always fascinated me. There were times when I lived in apartments or small townhomes... even in those times I have had planter gardens.   When my children came along I always included them in whatever growing we could do at the time.  Flowers, Vegetables were my thing form many years.  Now that I have acres in Idaho...a huge greenhouse  and a huge garden to experiment with I have  enjoyed growinga variety of things over the past 5 years.  Lufa, Gourds,  sunflowers galore in every color imaginable. Vegetables galore.  Something was always missing in my gardens... and that something was Herbs.  Sure I'd throw in cilantro or chives once in a while... but I have always wanted to learn more about herbs.  Culinary and Medicinal herbs.  Gotta eat, may as well grow what I can of my own culinary Herbs.. but.. dare I step into the realm of Medicinal Herbs?  Dare I?.... well. I have.  This year for the very first time I dedicated  two entire large large garden beds to Herbs... and I am giddy with the results.  I have so many herbs that I don't even know all that I can make with these herbs.... So, I took a herbal course from Herbal Healer Acadamy.  Its a very intensive herbal education that had me reading 4 books and doing homework that included making tinctures, balms, salves, liniments, polstices, and more.   I'm so excited to know now .. that this is going to be the source of financial supplement for ken and I. I have decided that I'm getting into the Herbal business and sell my products here online .  So , look out for updates on my herbal offerings as well as medicinal teas and tea accessories.   The Name of my little herbal business is Essentially Mary ... Essential because natural medicines are a essential element in health.. and mary .. well, what else would I call it... essentially its the heart of Mary... because if you know me.. anything I do .. I put all of me into it.   I have had a facebook page for 4 years already called Essentially Mary I had indulged myself in making body butters, sugar scrubs, lip balms, Bubble baths and essential oil bath salts...  thinking I would focus on bath pampering products.  I am delighted to also offer Good herbal products homemade by me as well as Tea Blends and accessories.  And of course I will always have My essential oil classes and oils available.  Love my Oils. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve falling in love with Patchouli oil.

Hello!  After the holiday’s my face likes to break out in blemishes. It’s mostly because of all the junk food I consume. The good thing is t...