Sunday, September 25, 2011

It really feels and smells like fall at my house.

Well, this morning we had to run outside to move the wood patio furniture and all the cushions and pillows because it was RAINING.   It was the first rain of the year and I have to admit... I loved the smell and the feel of the rain.  I watched and took it in for a bit, and then it stopped, just like it came.... but luckily enough it came back.  after reveling in the change of season, I came into the house and there on my kitchen island sat a big box of beautiful green organic apples that my dear friend Laura gave me.. I knew I wasn't going to be home long enough to make pies which was my first idea, so I pulled out one of my most favorite recipe books and found a easy recipe to make APPLE CRISP.   It is soooo very easy.  Being the scrapbooker, family historian and scrapbooker that I am.... I had to take photos and thought I would post the recipe and photos to share.  

Out come the Apple Peeler Corer Slicer
Probably one of my most favorite tool in the kitchen.

Then place the apples in a  glass baking dish. Like this...

8 Cups of Sliced Apples

Sprinkle apples with 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 2 Tbl cinnamon
then sprinkle with 1/4Cup Water.

Mix with hands in medium bowl:
1 1/4 Cup all purpose flour
1 Cupgranulated sugar
1 stick butter *not margarine

sprinkle evenly over apples
Bake at 375 for 45 minutes
cool and enjoy with vanilla ice cream or whip cream

guaranteed to be delicious
and fill your home with the warm smells of FALL





No comments:

Post a Comment

I’ve falling in love with Patchouli oil.

Hello!  After the holiday’s my face likes to break out in blemishes. It’s mostly because of all the junk food I consume. The good thing is t...