Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Treasure Vally Seed Savers.

I have never lived in a community where people arrange a seed swap. I do now, and let me tell you what a amazing feeling it was to go to this event. People that came together with a common interest....growing flowers,herbs and vegetables.Besides sharing seeds, Everyone shared tips,techniques,ideas...and friendships were made at this seedy Saturday event. People shared simply for the idea of sharing.  There was a man from Portugal...where my Great Grandparents came from...on both of my parents side... He shared Portugese Fennel,Fava Beans... And Buttercup pumpkins. I'm excited about those seeds,as I feel like I'm honoring my farming ancestors by planting these seeds from the old country into my Garden. I'm blessed to have this plot of land in which I can plant,grow and feed people with. When I arrived with the seeds I had to share, I was surprised to leave with as many seeds as I did. Lucipus vegetables,herbs and some fruit tree seeds too. Going to be a great garden this year!. Thank you Treasure Valley Seed Savers!

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic exchange. I love you are going to be planting those Portugal seeds:) Looking forward to seeing how your garden grows this year. Love you much - Annette

    ReplyDelete

I’ve falling in love with Patchouli oil.

Hello!  After the holiday’s my face likes to break out in blemishes. It’s mostly because of all the junk food I consume. The good thing is t...